Day care centers and the day care service itself came into existence to address the need of parents for someone who would take good care of their children while they are on a trip, at work, or when preoccupied by essential activities or tasks. As everyone knows, there are different types of day care services that can be opted. There are day care centers established by local communities or run by private companies, there are day care facilities near or inside workplaces, individuals who independently offer child care and sitting services, and some neighbors are also providing the service for profit.
The following are the benefits or advantages of availing the services of a day care center or provider. And as can be observed, they are not only intended for the good of the parents but for the child as well.
- Parents can work with fewer worries about their child. Day care service providers act as the temporary parents of a baby or a child while parents are away or at work during the day. The center or facility on the other hand serves as the child’s temporary home. The need to entrust a child to a day care center is prevalent especially if both the parents have work during the day. Moms in particular will no longer have to feel the need to sacrifice earning or their careers to take care of the baby during the day.
- Day cares provide early childhood education. From the moment a child is born, the learning and development process never ceases. But when parents fail to provide the needed attention and assistance in constantly educating a child, the learning process becomes slower. Day care centers fill in the gap or suffice this need. These child care centers become the first schools or centers of education for a child. Aside from playing and child or babysitting, most day care centers have incorporated learning activities and lessons for most kids.
- Day care prepares a child to kindergarten or formal education. Related to the benefit of providing early childhood education, the day care setting is also a good training and exposure for a child before he or she eventually enters kindergarten and elementary education. Children can learn the values of education, how to properly behave during learning or teaching sessions, etc.
- Day care centers help develop the social and cognitive skills of a child. Another developmental benefit of day care for a child is the ability to enhance or develop the child’s social and cognitive skills. In a normal day care setting, it’s usually a group of toddlers or children. Hence, this is one of the best times for a child to meet, mingle, play, and be friends with other kids and to get familiarize or recognize a social environment. These early childhood skills will be the foundations of behavior and social intelligence of a child in the future.
- Ensuring safety of children while parents are away. After ensuring that you have entrusted your child to a licensed and reputable day care center or service provider, you have at least removed the agony or worries on the several risks and dangers that may be inflicted unto your child. This is certainly true for companies which feature a separate child care area for their employees.
- Day care can help improve parenting skills. Before day care teachers and other personnel are licensed or accredited to provide day care services, they are trained to become role models and ideal parents. They are familiar with every child’s needs, controlling emotions or behavior, child nutrition, and proper child care in general. New parents can certainly learn from day care center teachers or child care providers.